Pages


Friday, February 28, 2014

On the Needles, and other things....Feb. 28, 2014

My knitting mojo is slowly disappearing! Spring must be on its way....maybe? The only knitting I have done for the past few weeks is a few afghan strips. I am hoping to make a couple of afghans to donate to the nursing home where my mother-in-law lives. This one will obviously be for a lady.
Rippling Waves Afghan
For the manly afghan., I am also doing strips. I am going to alternate one solid color strip (color yet to be determined) with a strip made of random leftover yarn, all in manly colors. Hopefully it will look ok when finished.
Manly afghan
Linking up to Patchwork Times.

I have also been working on a quilt for my mother-in-law. Her favorite color is purple, so here is what I came up with.
We cooked a big ham the other night, and had a ton left over, so today was spent canning Spicy Black Bean Soup. 9 pints are finished, and another 7 quarts are still in the canner.

No comments:

Post a Comment