Pages


Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Few More Finishes

Winter means knitting, crocheting, and sewing. I have a few finishes. My Fair Isle Flower Socks are finished, as are my Circle Socks.

I also finished my Cozy Stripe Scrappy Blanket. It measures 42" x 58". I was hoping to use up lots of leftovers, but the leftover bag seems to be just as full as when I started! I'm hoping to make several blankets this winter and donate them to a nursing home.
I am also working on another scrap blanket, using a pattern called Willow Square. Here's my progress so far. I will be doing a white border around each square.

I'm always working on my sock yarn blanket. I only have one more row of squares to do, then the finishing triangles around the edges. The end is near!

In the sewing/quilting department, just a few small accomplishments. I made a couple of bowl cozies. These are great when you have a hot bowl of soup.
It is my turn this month to be queen in the Stash Bee. This means that everyone in my hive makes me a block of my choosing. I have a Sister's Choice quilt started, so I chose for them to make these blocks so I can hopefully finish up my quilt. Here are a few of my blocks.
I don't have to make any blocks this month, but I chose to crash a few other hives and make blocks for them voluntarily.


Before I go, I thought you might enjoy a kitty picture. This is Abby, and she spends her evenings on my husband's lap, belly up so she can get her belly rubs. I sometimes think that she thinks she's a dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment