Pages


Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snow Day


While it has been storming outside, I have been busy inside. I roasted a chicken for supper on Friday, and Saturday morning I got busy making and canning chicken soup. One jar didn't seal, and hubby had it for lunch today.
Chicken Soup
I finished another pair of socks. They had been hibernating since last year sometime, with only 2/3 of one sock left to finish, so I got to work and finished them. The yarn is Stahl Socka, bought off Ebay, and is a bit thicker than the sock yarn I usually knit with. Made these for hubby, using size 2.75mm needles and casting on 66 sts. They were knit with a rib stitch of K3P1.
  
 
 

Depression Blocks
Bowtie block and Churn Dash Blocks










I also spent some time making quilt blocks for a few swaps I am participating in on Swap-Bot. I really like the depression blocks, but they are time consuming to make......16 half square triangles per block. I still have 3 more to make for the swap.


This afternoon I decided to try making some wool dryer balls. They are very easy to make, just roll some 100% wool yarn into balls, felt them in the washer, dry them, and you're done. A good tutorial can be found HERE
I'll let you know how they work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment